Homes for Sale in Montford, Asheville, NC
Montford or the Montford Area Historic District is a primarily residential neighborhood located directly northwest of Downtown Asheville, North Carolina.
The Montford Area Historic District is a well-established suburban neighborhood home to some of the most beautiful homes in Asheville, NC. The suburb is ideally situated in the heart of the city is conveniently located to a wealth of family-friendly amenities and attractions that buyers will surely appreciate. If you’re interested in the area and would like to learn more about available homes for sale in Montford, please don’t hesitate to contact our team today. We’ll be glad to walk you through the various listings in the community and showcase its many positive features.
- BEDROOM COMMUNITY: Montford is an excellent bedroom community between the University of North Carolina Asheville campus and Downtown Asheville. Homebuyers looking for a centrally located neighborhood with easy access to everything you’ll need will surely appreciate the fantastic homes in this beautiful neighborhood.
- LOVELY SURROUNDINGS: Whenever you visit Montford, you’ll want to take in the tremendous curb appeal that the neighborhood has. Homes in the community are well-built, front yards are beautifully manicured, and mature trees line the many suburban streets in the district.
- HISTORIC DISTRICT: The Montford neighborhood is an affluent residential district known for its well-preserved Queen Anne, Arts and Crafts, and Colonial Revival homes. Many of these iconic houses have been repurposed as BnB’s and serve as ideal locations for romantic getaways for couples looking to spend the weekend away from home. Other notable events within the district include performances at the Hazel Robinson Amphiteatre at Montford Park, the Shakespeare Festival, and more. For landmark locations, you may want to visit Homewood, a 1920s stone manor, or Riverside Cemetery, where authors Thomas Wolfe and O. Henry are buried.
Asheville Real Estate Information
Median Home Price
Median Price Per Sqft
Average Days on Market
Median Price of Sold Homes
Home Ownership Percentage
Homes for Sale in Montford
5 Real Estate Facts About Montford
- Occupying a large section of Central Asheville, Montford offers a vast selection of real estate options to buyers interested in the area.
- The majority of households in Montford are suburban single-family homes featuring various two to five-bedroom floor layouts.
- These households are usually priced in the mid $200,000 to mid $700,000 range.
- Vacant home lots are plentiful in the community for those interested in building a home from scratch priced between $60,000 to $150,000.
- Multi-family homes and apartments are also available in the area, perfect for investors looking for a rental property.
Find Your Home
Latest Homes for Sale in Montford
On the map
The Montford Area Historic District occupies the areas to the northwest of Downtown Asheville. The neighborhood borders include Interstate-26 to the west, the I-240 to the south, and Broadway Street to the east. As a historic district, there are several landmark buildings and locations you can find within the community. This includes Montford Park, Homewood, Riverside Cemetery, the Hazel Robinson Amphitheatre, Tempie Avery Montford Center, and so much more.
Take the next step
Ready to take the next step?
As a member of the community also raising my family here, I have deep understanding of what’s most important when it comes to making one of life’s biggest decisions. Regardless of transaction size, I bring dedication and passion to ever new opportunity. Working with me means that you’ll be kept informed throughout the entire real estate process—good news or bad.
When you’re ready to begin your next real estate adventure, I can’t wait to meet you.